Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hubli Experience

I remember the time 21:30 IST on 6th March when I was supposed to catch the train ‘Chalukya Express’ from Dadar station’s central line for Hubli and till 21:28 I hadn’t reached on platform no 8 as I was travelling from Vasai (Western line) in Church gate local  of 20:15. When I got off from local train at Dadar at 21:22, it became more complicated for me to change the line western to central and find the platform no. 8 in very short time as there were not any sign boards, markings! I was in hurry and moving fastly towards the platform where train already had been arrived as Salima was prompting me! Once I thought that “I’ll miss train tonight” but suddenly I saw sign board which was indicating platform direction and ran towards it. I saw the train and reached there. Train was going to depart within next 2 minutes and I had to reach coach no. A1 besides the engine but I was not in position to cross all coaches i.e. general followed by 8 sleepers and 2 third ACs! As I was feeling tired after rushed to platform no. 8 and  I forgot to bring water bottle in hurry as well So, I thought to get in into S1 and walk towards to coach A1 into the train. At last I reached A1 and slept until Hubli arrived next day.

As I have shared my journey experience above, I reached Hubli after struggling to catch the train. But it was pleasant stay at Ananth Executive-Hubli and enjoyed taking sessions at B.V. Bhoomarradi engineering college with NGO professionals and also visited Deshpande foundation and got overview of their programs and activities.

During the stay, I had various cuisine foods including Karnataka’s traditional food as well. There was mix whether which I had experienced, very hot at noon and felt cool at nights. Thank You Sanjiv for tasting us the famous Thakur Pedha of Dharwad-Hubli.

This way I completed my 9th ConnectIT and reached at Bangalore Once Again…

No comments:

Post a Comment

A day in Raipur, Chhattisgarh

  If you have a day to spend in Raipur, the capital city of Chhattisgarh, here are some suggestions for things to see and do: Mahant Ghasida...