Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Patna

Hello friends,

I am here once again with new sharing from my last travel! I had been to Patna to conduct ConnectIT workshop for NASSCOM Foundation. Patna is the capital city of the north Indian state of Bihar. Let me discuss few interesting things what I came across.

Map of Patna, Bihar
I planned my journey and booked my tickets a week prior and by grace of the God I’d got confirmed train tickets. I planned to travel via Ahmedabad-Delhi as this is best route to travel Bihar and having so many train connections although Ahmedabad station is having train direct to Patna but it takes too much time to reach there. If you travel by Delhi route, you get fast trains as well as you save your time too.

Experienced Getting Appropriate Trains!

Train @ H. Nizamuddin Station
I preferred to travel through (12957) Suvarna Jayanti Raj Exp. train from Ahmedabad to New Delhi which takes 12 hours to reach New Delhi and (12424) Dibrugadh Raj Exp. From New Delhi to Patna which also reaches Patna in 12 hours. I had thoughts in my mind about return journey as I didn’t get availability in Delhi-Ahmedabad train so I planned my journey Patna-Delhi-Baroda-Veraval.

I booked my ticket in (02393) Patna-AVNT (Delhi) Exp. which starts from Patna at 20:00 IST and reaches Anand Vihar (Delhi) next day 12:00 IST as scheduled time. From Delhi I booked my ticket in (12248) H. Nizamuddin-BDTS Yuva Exp. for Baroda which runs from H. Nizamuddin (Delhi) on Saturday at 15:40 IST. I had 3 hours in spare to travel H. Nizamuddin station from New Delhi as I was reaching New Delhi from Patna at 12:00 O’clock. My mind insist me to track Patna-AVNT (Delhi) Exp. Train’s last running records and when I searched I amazed as the train was running 7-10 hours late each day. I change my mind quickly to travel in different train from Patna and I got availability in (12393) S Kranti Sup Exp. which runs 18:00 IST from Patna and reaches New Delhi in 14 hours on time. I preferred that train to get my connection from Delhi to Baroda. Thank God as this plan executed as per plan. I advise those who travel Delhi to Patna or Patna to Delhi to make train choices after studying train running past status as this route generally gets late.

Station Codes: VRL (Veraval) ADI (Ahmedabad) NDLS (New Delhi) PNBE (Patna) NZM (H. Nizamuddin) BRC (Baroda / Vadodara)

In Patna:

Participants @ ConnectIT Workshop
It was nice time in Patna with all participants, had good curricular interaction all 3 days. This time Miss Sneha Sahasrabudhe accompanied me to execute the workshop, she is from NASSCOM Foundation. I was staying in Hotel Republic at exhibition road and had workshop at Admerit College near Loyola School, Kurji road. It is almost at 15-20 minutes distance though it takes almost an hour to travel in traffic. Hotel was ok in term of facilities, not at great level but good at level of area. Hotel has no restaurant but having facility to serve food in your room! I didn’t taste the food of Hotel Republic as we went outside to have dinner both the days. We tried Biryani near the Hotel Republic but it was in local style, too mild! We tried to find other restaurant at Exhibition road but unfortunately not get decent and best one! We taste the Dominos’, it is good to dine.

For travelling within the city you may find Direct Auto, Shuttle Auto and Cycle Rickshaws. Choose as per your timings. Well, will back with few more things soon! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A day in Raipur, Chhattisgarh

  If you have a day to spend in Raipur, the capital city of Chhattisgarh, here are some suggestions for things to see and do: Mahant Ghasida...