Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ankleshwar

I travelled Ankleshwar (Gujarat) last weekend for back to back two sessions with youth in LEHER. I preferred to travel by train and worked out to find the appropriate train, unfortunately I didn’t find any direct train from Veraval although there is a train – Saurashtra Mail but it doesn’t have stoppage at Ankleshwar station!

Finally, I decided to travel via Rajkot junction which is almost 200 kms from my house and road transport, local trains are available to travel. I booked my upward ticket in 12998 Hapa-Ten SUP Exp. This runs from Hapa (Gujarat) to Tirunelveli (Tamilnadu). The train was scheduled to depart at 22:23 from Rajkot and I planned to catch the train by travelling in Veraval-Rajkot Intercity train from Veraval Junction at 17:45. I reached Veraval and inquired does the train reach Rajkot before Hapa-Ten SF Exp? In reply, I come to know that the Veraval-Rajkot Intercity reaches at destination around at 22:15 and chances to miss the next train if train gets late or signal problem! It was yet 16:30 on clock and I had 6 hours in spare, I changed my mind and rushed to ST bus station to catch an express bus for Rajkot! Generally, it takes 4 hours to reach Rajkot from Veraval. Fortunately, Una-Rajkot express bus was lasted by an hour and I got seat in it. Initially Bus speed was too slow and I was wondering how I will catch the train! But by the grace of God from Junagadh bus got speed and I reached Rajkot at 21:30 though bus had taken longer time than usual. I had a good company of Jaspal Solanki an 11th Science student in my Rajkot bus travelling, had words with him and chatted for long time. I had dinner at Dhaba and waited for train on Station at platform no. 3.

Train was little late by 10 minutes but journey time was not affected with it! I got into the train and slept well. What a train speed it was! Less stoppages, Fast speed in short a very good travelling. This train is suggested by me if you are travelling Mumbai from Rajkot or travelling Tamilnadu.

I had good time with Ankleshwar youth, had wonderful sessions and interactions. I thank all supporters who assisted and cooperated me for this trip! I back home by same night train. In between I enjoyed India Pakistan T20 WC match in Hotel. I stayed at Hotel Sha-Inn near to railway station Ankleshwar, at GIDC end. The hotel is good and very economical, Food quality is good and I liked their hospitality!

Thank U

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

A day in Raipur, Chhattisgarh

  If you have a day to spend in Raipur, the capital city of Chhattisgarh, here are some suggestions for things to see and do: Mahant Ghasida...