Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sharing Talaja Trip

Writing this post after two days of my Talaja trip! I am just become able to write my views for last trip. As I have shared in my earlier post, I was supposed to take two sessions with youth. This was new destination for me and I travelled the city first time though the travelling routes were in my mind. There are major three ways to travel Talaja form GIR, all routes reach almost at same time.
  1. Via Talala, Veraval, Kodinar, Una, Timbi, Rajula, Mahuva & Talaja (N.H. 8E)
  2. Via Talala, Jamvala, Una, Timbi, Rajula, Mahuva & Talaja (N.H. 8E from Una)
  3. Via Sasan, Mendarda, Junagadh, Amreli, Bhavnagar & Talaja

I preferred to travel via first option and started my journey on 27th Morning. Got the Bus from Veraval at   11 in morning and reached Talaja by 5:30 in evening.The route was familiar up to Timbi as I have traveled thrice in my history but after Talaja the whole way was new for me. I observed new cities like Rajula, Mahuva and Talaja during the trip. You will witness the damaged roads after Una, Indeed this is the area of work after all it is National Highway no. 8E!

Gurjarnagri Bus
If you are travelling Talaja or Bhavnagar from Veraval, choose bus wisely for comfortable travelling. There are not any private tourist buses on road as the service is not presently available. You have only one option left and this is State Transport Bus! There are few categories in Gujarat State Road Transport Cooperation, Local, Express, Deluxe, Gurjarnagri, Luxury and Sleeper. This route don’t have luxury and sleeper class bus services so you had better to select Gurjarnagri for comfortable travelling as it’s have better seat to sit properly and rest your back. The bus takes almost 6 hours to reach the destination. Porbandar-Bhavnagar, Veraval-Bhavnagar & Mangrol Bhavnagar are the few buses which pass along to Talaja. There are few highway hotels in talaja if you are planning overnight journey. Good restaurants and dhaba are available on Bhavnagar Highway. Talaja is beautiful town surrounded by hills. There is a Temple on hill which makes the hill very attractive. You can see it while travelling on road.

I stayed 2 nights and a day in Talaja. Really it was pleasant stay, met my past mentees and new people as well. I also met ITREB colleague and friend Altaf Vasaya after long time. I must say, I liked the group, their attitude toward learning; they were very open to learn new things so that I enjoyed interacting with them. Alhamdulillah! Sessions went well according to the feedback what participants personally gave to me. Thank god for the success once again. I thank those people who were helped me throughout the stay. I especially thank Muiz Vasaya for care! May god bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A day in Raipur, Chhattisgarh

  If you have a day to spend in Raipur, the capital city of Chhattisgarh, here are some suggestions for things to see and do: Mahant Ghasida...